TFA/TLI Classroom Fellows
The Teaching and Leading Initiative of Oklahoma (TLI) and Teach For America are excited to offer a year-long fellowship called the TLI/TFA Classroom Fellows. The goal of the fellowship is to develop strong technical teaching skills with Teach For America alumni through short cycle management and practice-based coaching.
|What to expect from TLI’s Practice-Based Coaching|
|Focus on a single action per week to hone in on and practice
Quick and deliberate, centered around a narrow set of evidence
Frequent (one per week)
An emphasis on technical skills and mindsets
Similar to the MTLD structure, TLI provides a coach that would work directly with you in your classroom. Each week, the coach completes a short observation and narrows in on a single action to practice that would make a meaningful difference for student learning. Best of all, we practice the action item during the meeting and these coaching meetings are most commonly short (between 20 and 40 minutes). Coaching would continue in any format – in-person or virtually.
Who would be the best TLI/TFA Classroom fellows?
Current teacher who are:
- Staying in the classroom for an extended period of time
- Interested in moving into leadership positions in schools or for nonprofit organizations
- Interested in growing more technical skills to best meet the needs of their students
|September 7||Applications open|
|Varies||Optional informational sessions and calls|
|September 25||Applications close|
|September 28 – October 1||30 minute phone interview|
|October 9||Final fellows announced|
What’s the criteria for selection?
- Coachable: Can respond well to and turns around feedback effectively
- Need/placement: Preferences will be given to teachers who are clustered in the same school so talk to your friends! Preferences will also be given to higher needs schools based upon the existing initiatives within TPS.
- Long-term aspirations: Articulates a clear theory of change