20 Under 2 is a list of Oklahoma’s newest teachers who are setting the educational pace and leading Oklahoma students to success. These awards honor emerging teachers who make Oklahoma’s future look bright.
Nominate a novice teacher who represents the best our state has to offer!
- First- or second-year teacher*
- Employed full time in a public school district
- Demonstrates the following mindsets and skills:
- Believes all students are capable of excellence
- Shares responsibility of achieving success with students, parents, and school community
- Develops deep learning through thoughtful planning and collaboration with colleagues
- Values growth and seeks feedback from students and colleagues
- Fosters measurable academic growth
*Career switchers who have been out of the classroom for at least 10 years and have returned to the classroom are eligible for nomination. We want to honor those who are in their first or second year after a hiatus as well. December graduates in their 2 ½ year are also eligible.